2.15.2011

Bleeps & Bloops

He's got a fallback if this electronic thing doesn't work out.

LET THE JAMES BLAKE MANIA BEGIN!!!

Let me start by saying that its only the nerds, like myself, who read about music all day that have seen the formal outpour of people who think the music this kid (he's only 23, maybe? what am I a doctor?) is making is phenomenal and he will be on everyone's brains by year end. Only problem is that this is some deep, eerie shit and most people are neither of those.  You have to want to sit down and take a good listen to this shit in some headphones to appreciate it.  He mixes slow beats and blips with ghostly voices and makes it fucking work.   Some people, not me, call it post dubstep whatever the fuck that is.  I have no idea, its just damn good.  I love it, and I hope at least one of you will too.  Here's the latest on what he's got going on:

  • New album dropped on Feb. 7th (via P4K)
  • Reviews of his albums on above mentioned pitchfork (which amongst the hipsters/music geeks are like a critic bible) are as follows:
    • CMYK EP - 8.3/10 (and Best New Music)
    • Klavierwerk EP - 8.1/10 (he blew it here, that's almost like a C)
    • James Blake - 9.0/10 (apparently not Kanye good, but I mean who is?)
      • ALSO GOT 4 RECORD ON FACT (no clue if that's good...)
  • Dropping video knowledge on yo' faces:
WILHELM SCREAM VIDEO

BONUS TRACK 'TEP & THE LOGIC' (via GvB)

(Need a little aside here for the baby Kanye meme, it has consumed my life)




Alright, back to business.  Enuff tomfoolery:

Two electronic artist who only caught my attention cause they have funny recognizable names.  Genius!

Com Truise popped up on both Altered Zones & Truants Blog with some free tracks.  Um, its awesome sauce.  Here's a taste:

Here's another clever one, Dro Carey.  Get it?  Its like a happy Aphex on helium.  Odd combo, but I dug 'Wack Reeboks!!?'. Found this at Rose Quartz and you can grip two tracks there.

Oh yeah. I almost forgot:

  1. Prefuse 73 is back in town with another album 'The Only She Chapters' on 4/25.  Womp Womp!
  2. Pantha du Prince is going to release a remix album of Black Noise with Animal Collective, Four Tet & Company.
  3. Explosions in the Sky, glitch connoisseurs with an aversion to nostalgic music, are also release a new LP on 4/26.

THAT IS ALL FOR NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment