2.15.2011

Hip Hop Links

I feel like this is becoming a once a week thing, and I'm trying to get stuff on here more often.  Which is why these posts are stupid long.  I can't promise I'll try, but I'll try to try.

I peruse all these articles, send em to myself to write about later, start a bunch of posts, but I can never get them finished in any sort of a timely fashion.  Am I hear to break the latest in music news? Nah, I'd rather just get you the information when I can, and just hope you haven't heard it yet or I tell it in a way thats more fantastic than the other zillion blogs, tumblrs, pressers out there.  
Rant done.

Well keep this short & sweet.  Black Thought is doing his own thing now.  He's got some new stuff with Danger Mouse coming out (via SKOA).

And in the above interview he did with the NY Post he said that he's got an EP titled 'The Talented Mr. Trotter' coming out on Def Jam (via Okayplayer).




(thanks to 2dopeboyz for the poster)

Dilla's gives 2Pac a run for his money.  Who's released more awesome music posthumously then this guy?  ?uestlove tweeted this awesome article about how Dilla got so good over at the Guardian.  Here is a trailer for the movie called 'Just Shining', which is all about the man himself with interviews with people close to him and live concert footage.  This just came out last week (via 2dopeboyz):




The infamous (thats more than famous??) descendent of Coltrane, Flying Lotus, made his directorial debut with Bilal's 'Levels':
The Sounds of VTech / Bilal Levels



You can also order some sweet remixes of that Levels track here (via Soul Culture) and over at 2dopeboyz you can get another remix of The Dolla off of Bilal's new album by Black Milk.  Where does he find these wonderful toys??


QUICK LINKS

KID CUDI IS RELEASING A ROCK ALBUM? (It'll be like Joey Lawrence's rap album)
GIVE A LISTEN TO A NEW BEANS TRACK PRODUCED BY TOBACCO. SWAG!
STREAM NEW RAEKWON TRACK FROM ALBUM OUT ON 3/8. I heart Wu...

No comments:

Post a Comment