2.21.2011

Music for your Eyeballs

This post is strictly new music videos.
Think MTV...pre-Real World.


Hard Mix is hazy hip hop beat maker by way of South Carolina that Altered Zones has taken a liking to.  Below is a video for a song called "Eye Contact" and also a track I found on GvsB & PMA called "Now Her" that you should check out.  There is an upcoming 7" split coming out with Hard Mix and the artist I talk about next, Star Slinger.


I've talked about Star Slinger on here before, a sample DJ reminicent of Dilla himself.  Found a new video by him called "Mornin" on both Gorilla vs Bear & A Heart is A Spade:



I was admittedly late to the scene with Gold Panda, but I was blown away once I was.  Another act from the beat department, this video is off the Lucky Shiner album (via SKOA and P4K).  Enjoy:


Cut Copy premiered a video on Stereogum for a single of their latest album Zonoscope "Need You Know".  Those wacky Aussies...


Millionyoung does their thing on "Easy Now" over at yourstru.ly:


yvynyl hooked it up with some new videos from Work Drugs (which is a direct take on Rad Racer) and Cloud Nothings.  Both pretty sweet:


Another act I just literally found out about this past week via I Hope Your Ears Bleed, Walk the Moon, and it is damn catchy.  Tell me you don't feel the same way.  And how about those workout outfits, eh?



Flying Lotus has been throwing his hat into the director ring and his latest is a piece by Erykah Badu (via SKOA).  Me likey:
Not a music video, but I have to post on anything Diplo related by law.  And according to Mad Decent, he checked in at Carson Daly's show.  See I told you this was going to be like old school MTV!!



And lastly, my latest hip hop addiction is Odd Future in all its glory.  I found that Tyler the Creator "Yonkers" video to be quite entertaining.  You must watch their performance on Fallon last week that I found on Stereogum:

No comments:

Post a Comment